Posted on January 24, 2019 by Mariangela
EO4SD-Climate Resilience stakeholder workshop
One day before the One Planet Summit in Nairobi: Africa’s Pledge, stakeholders from international finance institutions (IFIs) and their client states are invited to a workshop focused on demonstrating the value of EO data to climate-resilient development.
Objectives of the event are:
- providing valuable insights into how IFIs and their client states can use Earth observation data to support climate-resilient development;
- discussing stakeholder needs and requirements, especially with regards to projects on the African continent;
- providing applicable and useful information about Copernicus Sentinel data and services, which offers full, free and open access;
- showcasing the proposed services of the EO4SD Climate Resilience cluster and how they can be used (e.g. drought monitoring, wetland monitoring, ecosystem evaluation, flooding, soil erosion, etc.);
- offering a training session about the EO4SD Climate Resilience platform, including downloading data, visualizing it, and creating of customized products (e.g. water quality indexes, vegetation indexes, etc.).
Find out more on the related EO4SD Climate Resilience page.